- HEVC video encoding at up to UHD resolutions
- Up to 5 UHD or 20 FHD services in 1 RU
- 4x 3G-SDI (quad) inputs and 1x HDMI input (future)
- MPEG2, AC-3 and AAC audio support
- Platform-based Modular Design
EN5-1U-4H is an HEVC/H.265 4k encoding module for the DMP900 platform. A single DMP900 platform can contain up to 5 modules, encoding up to 5 UHD (2160p) or 20 FHD (1080p) services. With 30-50% bitrate reduction compared to MPEG-4/H.264, HEVC provides compression efficiency required to distribute UHD TV programs using existing bandwidth, a key for service providers to upgrade.
As the first chip-based encoder, EN5-1U-4H is more stable and has lower power consumption versus a software-based product. It also integrates with various audio codecs and supports comprehensive ancillary data and metadata, fully statisfying the needs of contribution or primary distribution.