Here at Toner Cable Equipment Inc we are always looking to add talented individuals to our team. We hope that you will consider sending us your resume for consideration.
At present we have the following positions open.
A fully qualified Field Service Technician applies a broad working knowledge of electronics to a wide variety of assignments through the application of technical concepts, practices and procedures. The position is part of a customer support team and works on moderately complex Digital Television signal processing systems (Headends), IPTV systems, Satellite reception, and typically troubleshoot’s hardware/software equipment problems, and to set up, install, configure, maintain, relocate, and/or repair a variety of electronic digital video and communications (CATV) equipment
This position requires a responsible, reliable and technical professional to provide varied maintenance, installation and repair duties for television signal transport systems. Installs, checks out, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies distribution systems to ensure proper operation. Keeps performance and maintenance records on equipment. Additionally, participates in the initial installation phase of a project which may include travel throughout the US and or outside the US
Performs routine duties in electronic and or fiber optic signal transport. Adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems. Works from written or verbal instructions. May operate equipment; perform troubleshooting and well defined problem identification; Documentation of issues and corrective action taken
Must have a good knowledge of the following equipment: RF signal level meters, VOM, RF spectrum analyzers, Satellite finders, Ethernet LAN testers, Optical Power Meters, Optical Light sources, Basic knowledge of Ethernet Switches and able to configure IP addresses. Should have a knowledge of Digital TV encoders and decoders, analog and QAM modulation, off air 8VSB TV reception. Must be able to install and point satellite antennas. Should possess a mechanical aptitude towards using hand tools to include, but not limited to: drill’s, band saws, screw drivers (manual and electric) & power saws.
Knowledge of Digital Video systems, able to pull and terminate coax cable, set up amplifiers, balance RF distribution systems and a LAN\WAN environment, IPv4 addressing and subnetting, basic knowledge of router & switch interfaces, applying a knowledge of cat5\ RJ-45 Connectors.
Must be able to pass Government security and Military security clearance to work at different secure locations. Must possess a valid passport or obtain one within 4 weeks of hire Must be willing to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, domestically and or internationally.
Duties may require physical exertion, including reaching, carrying and lifting heavy equipment, up to 100 pounds, climbing ladders, working on rooftops While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, power tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may perform work from other elevated levels. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to travel to project sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to commute to field locations. This may require the use of personal motor vehicles, trains, planes, or the use of other public transit systems.
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
· A team player with a proactive get it done attitude.
· Vocational, trade school, technical training or an associate degree in electrical electronics technology, or equivalent work experience. Associate degree preferred.
· Minimum 3 years progressively responsible experience, demonstrating in-depth working familiarity with a broad range of electronic equipment
· Demonstrate strong administrative and organizational skills in support of the program.
· Strong demonstrated analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
· Good customer service orientation and appreciation of role Maturity of judgment under pressure/ability to diagnose level of user need/distribute work effectively.
· Considerable client and end-user interface by phone and/or in-person necessitates good (clear) verbal communication skills and credible customer presence (appearance, attitude & demeanor).
· Flexibility and the ability to operate under stressful, time-sensitive deadlines.
· A willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
· Able to read simple design layouts and create one line system design’s
· Commitment to quality and personal ethics.
· Ability to work under harsh conditions
· Strong Electrical & Mechanical Aptitude
· Basic knowledge of network installation and troubleshooting
· Knowledge of TCP/IP protocol
· Knowledge of Windows OS
We offer outstanding benefits including: Medical Insurance, 401K Plan, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Educational Assistance, and on Site Fitness Center.
Compensation: Salary based on experience
apply send your resume to [email protected]
Digital Video / Television technicianWe have openings for ENTRY LEVEL Sales Assistants (trainees) in our Horsham PA office. These are Entry level positions for people seeking a sales career in the fast paced, ever changing, cable television and related industries.
We have a very busy and sometimes hectic sales office. Here you will find yourself dealing with the many aspects of sales and customer service. You will be talking to customers on the phone, answering questions and assisting them with placing orders. You will work with several salespeople and assist them. If you are able to multitask and handle a hectic environment this they may be the perfect job for you.
You will be dealing with the various technologies of Cable TV, Digital TV, Fiber optics and IPTV. If you have a technical aptitude, can learn quickly and find it easy to discuss technology, you will find this a rewarding position.
You will be in training to advance into a sales role where you are dealing with your customers. We will train you on the various technologies as well as the skills needed to succeed in sales.
In this position you will:
- Taking orders from customers on the phone or by e-mail
- Order entry on the computer
- Checking product availability
- Processing order paperwork
- Working with sales people to handle customers enquiries
- Working with suppliers on product availability
- Learning about the products and technologies
- Learn to be a salesperson .
- A technical aptitude
- An interest in technology
- Computer literate with Microsoft applications
- Comfortable talking on the phone
- Able to multitask
- Ability to learn new technologies and explain technical issues to non technical customers
- Valid Driver’s License
We offer a competitive salary, Opportunities for advancement, ongoing technical and industry training, a comprehensive company paid benefits package, education assistance, in house fitness facility, and a comfortable working environment.
- Forge new customers relationships and effectively build relationships with current customers over a multi-state territory.
- Develop, evaluate and bring to bear new opportunities.
- Dedication to identifying customer needs and developing and implementing service objectives
- Self-starter who can meet and exceed projected regional financial quotas.
- Input customer-facing activity reports into CRM
- Participate in constant job training to continually improve industry knowledge.
- Minimum of 3 years of Cable TV EQUIPMENT sales, experience.
- Confirmed telecommunications sales success.
- Exceed sales goals.
- Dynamic Presentation and Negotiation Skills.
- Flexible and results driven.
- Understand internal and external customer relationship-building dynamics.
- Ability to investigate and analyze regions and territories.
- Ability to identify and prioritize key customers.
- Self-starter who works effectively in an unstructured environment
- Dynamic work ethic.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel, and CRM
- Geographically flexible.
- Valid driver license and safe driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study
The right candidate that is successful has the ability to earn in excess of $100,000.00 based on our base salary and commission. We also offer a very generous benefits package
Send your resume to [email protected]
Desired qualifications: ability to multitask, polite telephone etiquette, able to prioritize, some technical aptitude, ability to work independently, able to convey detailed technical information to customers, the desire to excel, the need to stay busy and learn new things.
We offer a competitive salary, unlimited commission, on going technical and industry training, a comprehensive company paid benefits package, education assistance, in house fitness facility, and a comfortable working environment.
For further information or to apply contact:
Toner Cable Equipment Inc
215 675 2053