- Basics – EMM, ECM, OSD Messaging, (I)PPV, VOD (non-IP based)
- STB Chipsets – ST, Broadcom, Fujitsu, Ali, NEC, Trident, Sigma, etc.
- Smart Card Chip – NXP (military grade)
- DVB-CI Module – Available from preferred vendor, others available after integration
- STBs – Variety of DVB-C/S/S2/T/T2, ISDB-T and MMDS preintegrated models, some ready for hybrid upgrade to IP networks.
- Memory Footprint, SW-Based Client – 500-750KB (depends on platform and security level)
- Supported Scrambling Algorithms – DVB-CSA; also AES if supported by STB and headend MUX
- Broadcast Support – MPEG-2 Multi-Program Transport Streams (MPTS)
Proliferation of Internet TV and mobile video access represents both a competitive challenge and a wide range of new opportunities for digital TV service operators. The Verimatrix VCAS 3 architecture offers security convergence that addresses this new marketplace with a proactive revenue security and enhancement approach targeted at Digital TV operators with IPTV, Hybrid or DVB broadcast network architectures. VCAS 3 integrates protection techniques for these managed networks with standards-based security for Internet TV delivery on PC, phone, tablet and STB devices. Whatever network transition challenges are in store for service operators, VCAS 3 can help them to optimize operational costs and cast an ever wider net with their service offerings.
Verimatrix – Beyond Content Protection to Revenue Security
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The awardwinning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models. As the recognized leader in software-based security solutions for premier service providers, Verimatrix has pioneered the 3-Dimensional Security approach that offers flexible layers of protection techniques to address evolving business needs and revenue threats. Maintaining close relationships with major studios, broadcasters, industry organizations and its unmatched partner ecosystem enables Verimatrix to provide a unique perspective on digital TV business issues beyond content security as operators seek to deliver compelling new services.